Pastors, this is our site!

Dear fellow workers,

Especially the Filipino pastors of this generation... Warm welcome!

I'm a new pastor heading a 2-year energetic church in Novaliches. I have finished my MDiv in ISOT-Asia. But inspite of all the studies, I still need (maybe desperately need)  guidance in so many aspects of leading a growing church or maybe even to make a church to start growing.

Sa tingin ko, there are many pastors out there who also in the same situation like me, baka lang nahihiya humingi ng tulong, o kaya walang venue or way to get help. I have happy news for all of us - eto na po ang site para sa ating lahat!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

G12

I've just attended a 9-day straight G12 conference, walang uwian (na-home-sick ako hu hu). I believe it's a good discipling system because of the following:

The Encounter Retreat. This is a 2-day or 3-day event to heal wounds and settle deep heart issues of a person. It is also a time to magnify the cross of Christ and introduce the baptism/filling of the Holy Spirit.

Walang katulad ito among the born-again churches. Hinala ko, ang similarity nito sa cursillo ng Katoliko. At any rate, I have one word for this event - powerful. I've learned that in the Philippines there are two kinds of this retreat - Encounter God Retreat (EGR), as popularized by Frank Santos which was adapted from Jim Egli. It has a lot of similarity with that of Cesar Castellanos (paki-google na lang ang names he he). This is mainly for old-time believers.

Then there is the Encounter Retreat, from Bethany World Prayer Center, which is basically for seekers and new believers. Bottomline for me, I have conducted EGR several times but I prefer the idea of Bethany. This is a great way to get the seekers on a powerful encounter with the Lord and make them more "hooked" with God and the church. Sa amin, mas mataas ang commitment pag nag-EGR among our old-timers. If that is the case, why not move this step earlier? Umpisahan na nga sa seekers!

Encounter Retreat is also a way to provide a seeker/new believer an opportunity for a miracle that he/she can talk about for the rest of his life. Generally, the Encounter acts like a jet booster to make a person more receptive and willing for further discipling. Yung experience namin sa EGR, kahit gaano kahabang teaching, ok lang daanan ng isang EGR graduate. Kaya nga, I think after the Encounter, madali lang daanan yung 7 Post-Encounter lessons sa sobrang uhaw ng convert.

The challenge lang sa Encounter, maraming resources ang kailangan, like food prep, place, sleeping arrangements, several lessons to be taught, etc. But I believe this is all worth the product.

Medyo mahaba na ito. I'll post more later. If you want more info on the organizing team, here's their site... http://www.g12philippines.com/

1 comment:

  1. Bro, I'm excited for us to talk about it in our next pastor's meeting.

    ReplyDelete